Webinar – European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Masterclass
Date: Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Time: 13:00 EDT (18:00 GMT, 19:00 CET)
Please complete the registration form to attend this this free webinar.
The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service invites you to participate in our masterclass on the upcoming EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The webinar is for Canadian companies who do business in the EU.
Through its Digital Single Market, the EU is becoming an active regulator and standard setter in the sphere of digital economy, including in the field of data protection. The EU’s reform package for data protection under its Digital Single Market Strategy will impact the transfer of data between the EU and Canada.
The GDPR is expected to apply to all EU member states by May 25, 2018, exactly two years after it enters into force. Canadian clients doing business in EU member states will need to comply with the new regulations by that date. The GDPR applies to all companies, even if they are outside the EU, as long as they are collecting data on EU residents.
In order to ensure that Canadian clients are aware of their responsibilities under the new EU General Data Protection Regulation, we have organized this webinar to ensure that TCS clients can start planning accordingly.
Why should you participate? You will:
- receive an overview of the GDPR from the Commission itself as well as from a GDPR expert;
- find out what Canadian companies need to do in order to be compliant by May 25, 2018;
- learn about the risks of non-compliance (including information on fines).
This masterclass webinar will last 90 minutes, split into three portions with two speakers:
- 15 Minutes – Presentation by Mr. Bruno Gencarelli, Head of Unit, International Data Flows and Protection, Directorate-General for Justice and Consumers, European Commission;
- 45 Minutes – EU GDPR Masterclass, GDPR Specialist, Ms. Emerald De Leeuw;
- 30 Minutes – Q&A session with our experts.
This webinar is hosted by the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service.
- Date Modified: