Salón de Gourmets 2017
Date: April 24-27, 2017
Venue: IFEMA - Madrid
Location: Madrid, Spain
Sector: Agriculture and Processed Foods
The Salón de gourmets is the largest annual showcase of high quality food and beverages, and a key tradeshow for new trends. It is attended mainly by professionals in the foodservice and food retailer sector. More than a thousand exhibitors showcase around 35,000 products (of which over a thousand are new). There are more than 20 countries exhibiting including, among others, Chile, Colombia, France, Germany, Italy, Israel, Korea, Japan, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, the UK and the US.
With more than 80,000 trade visitors, this event generates great interest within the media, both in Spain and abroad. For its 31st edition, Canada, as Country of Honour, will be the showcased participant, and will benefit from the increased media focus. Several provinces (British Colombia, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick) will participate with their industries. Canadian companies will be able to showcase their products and explore distribution and partnership opportunities via a matchmaking program. There will be various networking and investment events: Canada reception, investment seminar, show cooking events, to mention but a few. There will be an intense social media campaign to showcase Canadian products.
It is an invaluable opportunity that coincides with the Canada 150 celebrations and imminent ratification of the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement between Canada and the European Union (CETA) which is likely to boost Canada’s trade with the world’s second-largest market.
Why your organization should participate:
- Compare your product/service with international competitors
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Meet key regulatory bodies
- Participate in networking events
- Participate in pre-organized business to business meetings
- Pitch your product /service to selected audiences
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Networking event
Maximo Hurtado is the Trade Commissioner responsible for the Agriculture and Processed Foods, Fish and Seafood and Wine, Beer and Spirits sectors for the Spanish market. He will be coordinating all the activities at the Canada Stand and can provide information on this and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: