Services for Partners
We work closely with our partners to promote Canadian economic interests abroad by helping Canadian firms who have researched and selected their target markets meet their international business development objectives through:
- export market development
- foreign market access
- foreign direct investment in Canada
- international business contacts
- licensing and franchising
- joint venture and strategic alliance development
- scientific and technological networking
- R&D collaboration
- business visit information
We Are Here to Help
To learn more about our key services, choose from the following:
- Prepare for International Markets
- Assess Your Market Potential
- Find Qualified Contacts
- Resolve Problems
For services we do not offer, we provide referrals to local service providers who generally charge a fee.
Organizing a Business Mission Abroad?
Our office in your target market can help you plan and execute your international business development mission. Please contact us at least 8 weeks prior to departure. For missions comprising at least 3 visiting organizations, we will enter into a written Business Mission Agreement with you to clarify our respective roles and responsibilities.
Assess Your Market Potential
We can help assess your international strategy in the target market.
- strategic advice on doing business in the market, including branding
- intelligence on opportunities and major barriers
- insight into emerging trends, regulations and policy issues
- notification of upcoming events (trade fairs, partnering seminars, conferences and trade missions)
- suggested next steps
Find Qualified Contacts
Connecting You to Foreign Contacts
We can identify foreign contacts that have the local knowledge you need to refine and implement your international marketing strategy. These foreign decision-makers, partner organizations and intermediaries could include:
- government officials and policy networks
- businesses and potential investors
- key participants for business events in Canada
- counterpart associations and strategic partners
- research and educational institutions
- financial institutions and venture capital firms
- science and technology stakeholders
- professional and business associations
- lawyers, accountants, consultants
- communications professionals and media
Information About Foreign Organizations
We will provide information on organizations or companies you have identified in your target market. This could include their policies, priorities and plans. If there are any charges for accessing databases, we will let you know. Credit checks are referred to specialized agencies.
We can help explore solutions to important strategic or urgent market access issues and, where agreed and appropriate, help advocate Canadian positions. Learn more
Where we are not able to assist, we will refer you to qualified third parties in the local market who charge a fee for services such as:
- detailed market research
- accessing specialized databases
- extensive program of appointments
- logistical support
- business support services
- participation in business events
- temporary office or display space
In markets where qualified third parties are unavailable, our office will arrange directly for these services at a cost.
Who Are Our Partners?
Our partners include:
- Canada's International Trade Portfolio
- Federal, provincial, territorial and municipal governments
- Business and industry associations
- Educational and research institutions
- Chambers of commerce
- Economic development and other agencies
Our partners are invited to call our client feedback line at 1-888-306-9991 or should you prefer, send an email to email@example.com to make any comments or suggestions.
Visit our Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) Enquiries page for more.
- Date Modified: