IST – International Day
Date: October 11, 2017
Venue: Instituto Superior Técnico
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Target Audience: Canadian Universities with engineering programs.
The Canadian Embassy to Portugal will participate in the recruitment fair IST International Day organized by the largest and most prestigious school of engineering in Portugal, Instituto Superior Técnico (IST) of University of Lisbon. IST is generally recognised as Portugal's leading engineering school with joint PhD programmes with MIT, CMU, UT-Austin and EPFL.
This edition will coincide with the General Assembly of Top Industrial Managers for Europe (T.I.M.E.) which will also take place at IST. It is the network of the oldest fifty-three European engineering schools and faculties. It will be a great networking opportunity with your peers.
Universities’ participation fee will be covered.
Why your organization should participate:
- Attract foreign students, inform parents and school counsellors
- Compare your product/service with international competitors
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet academic or research entities
- Meet foreign education institutions and/or organizations
- Meet innovation collaborators or industrial R&D partners
- Participate in networking events
- Participate in pre-organized business to business meetings
- Pitch your product /service to selected audiences
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Business-to-business meetings
- Networking event
- Site visits
The Trade Commissioner, Eurico Nobre, is specializing in the education sector for the Portuguese market and can provide information on this and other local events that you are considering, as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
- Date Modified: