How to Submit an Application for Funding
Please read through the following guidance carefully before beginning your application.
Do not wait for the last minute to register and to submit your application. The registration process may take a few days and you will not be able to access the application form until it is complete. No applications can be accepted by the system after the close of the call. You must submit your application through the Partners@International portal; mailed, emailed or faxed applications will not be accepted.
Registering Your Organization
The first step of the new process is to register your organization in the Partners@International portal. You are encouraged to register as soon as possible if you are intending to submit an application for funding to the ICCI program, as it may take a few days for your registration to be confirmed.
Please review the Registration Information. This page offers a checklist of information you will need on hand to complete your registration. It is not possible to save your work until you have completed all the steps of the registration process. Your session will time out within 30 minutes of inactivity.
In Step 2 of the registration process, please note that municipal governments can be found under the Canadian non-profit-making type of organization.
When entering your organization’s contacts, you will be required to select a primary contact. Please note that only the primary contact will receive the automated email with the username and temporary password.
Once the registration process is complete, a username and temporary password will be sent via email to the primary contact that was selected. You will be able to provide additional information for your organization profile at this time.
You must upload mandatory organization documents before you will be able to submit an application form. For the ICCI call, the only mandatory organization document is the letter of incorporation or other proof of your organization’s legal status.
- From the left-hand menu, click on “Organization Profile”. A sub-menu will now appear.
- Click on “Organization Documents”.
- On the bottom right-hand corner of the screen you will now see the “Add” button.
- Click on “Add”, and in the new screen, enter a name for your document (e.g. “Letter of incorporation”). You will also need to enter a description, but it can be the same as the title in this case.
- In the Type of Document field, choose “Letter of incorporation or proof…” from the drop-down menu. Then click on “Choose File” and find the document to upload.
- When complete, click “Save”. This will take you back to the Organization Documents page which will show you a list of the documents you’ve uploaded, and will give you a confirmation that the document was added.
Please ensure that the person(s) who will be responsible for submitting the application for ICCI funding and for making requests for payments (should your application be funded) is added to your organization’s contact list to ensure that they have access to the portal. Organizations are responsible for keeping their contact information in the portal up-to-date. Should you experience technical difficulties with your registration, please use the contact information in the portal to request assistance. It is only necessary to register in the portal once. Organizations that register in the portal for this year will not need to do so again next year. In order to avoid any difficulties with accessing the portal, it is recommended to keep usernames and passwords in a safe place and to keep your organization’s contact list up-to-date.
Accessing the Application Form
You will only be able to access the ICCI Application Form once you have (1) registered, (2) uploaded the letter of incorporation/proof of legal status, and (3) the ICCI call is launched.
Once these steps have taken place, do the following steps:
- Log into your account in the Partners@International portal.
- Click on “Access Proposals” on the left-hand menu.
- From the Access Proposals page, click on “New” at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. You will now see the list of open funding mechanisms, or calls, currently being run through the portal.
- Click on the link for the Invest Canada-Community Initiatives (ICCI) 2017 call. You will now see the Proposal Summary page, which will ask you to enter a title for your proposal.
- After entering a title, click Save and Continue. Following the instructions on the portal will take you to a link to the ICCI application form on the web.
Please note that the application form is only compatible with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Other PDF readers may cause technical issues with your application form. You may need to adjust the settings of your browser in order to access the form with the most up-to-date version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Filling out the Application Form
It is strongly recommended that you review all of the content of the ICCI web pages on the GAC website before designing your project and take care to include only eligible activities and eligible expenses in your application.
When you open the application form, you will see that a couple of fields have already been filled in with the information you entered in the Partners@International portal. You need to download your application form to complete on your desktop.
Please be sure to fill in every field with a complete answer. In the cases of text fields, maximum character counts are listed in the form. The form will not allow you to enter more than the maximum number of characters in any given field. While you are typing your answer, only the last five or ten lines may show, but the rest of your text will appear when you click out of the field.
When you have completed the application form, press the “Validate” button at the top of the form. If all the mandatory fields have content in them, the form will be locked against further editing and it will flag itself as validated and ready to submit.
If you need to edit the form after it has been validated successfully, click on the “Edit” button at the top of the form. This will unlock the form for you to continue editing. You will need to click on “Validate” again after completing your edits.
Submitting a Complete Application Package
You must submit a complete application package before the close of the call in order for your application to be considered for funding.
As long as you are working on your application form, you will see that its status in the Partners@International portal is marked as “Draft”. Draft applications will not be assessed. You must submit a complete application, and see that its status in the portal is changed to “Submitted” in order for it to be assessed.
A complete application package for the ICCI call consists of:
- a completed, and validated, Application Form;
- a completed and signed Declaration regarding outstanding debts due to Her Majesty;
- a letter of incorporation or other proof of your organization’s legal status (which you will already have uploaded to Partners@International).
The Declaration regarding outstanding debts due to Her Majesty can be accessed by clicking on the link above or the link in the application form. Please fill it out, ensure that the person with authority to do so for your organization signs the form, and then scan and upload it to Partners@International by following the instructions below.Once you have logged into your account, you will see Access Proposals as one of the choices on the left-hand menu.
- You will see a list of any proposals you have created in the portal.
- Click on your ICCI proposal. You will now see some new choices in the left-hand menu, including “Proposal Documents”.
- On the Proposal Documents page, upload your signed declaration and your validated application form, using the same process as you previously followed to upload the letter of incorporation (above).
If you have letters of support or other documents relevant to your application, you should upload them following the same instructions on the Proposal Documents page. Mailed, emailed or faxed documents will not be accepted. Once all three of these documents have been uploaded to the portal, click on “Submit”. You will receive an automatically generated message from the portal if your application package was successfully submitted.
- The only way to submit an application is through the Partners@International portal. Mailed, emailed or faxed applications will not be accepted.
- You will get an error message if your application form has not been successfully validated. Return to your application form, ensure all fields are completed, and press the “Validate” button on the form before uploading it to Partners@International.
- You will get an error message if any of the three mandatory documents for the call are not uploaded. Ensure that all documents are properly uploaded before trying to submit.
- You cannot change your application form after submitting your application package. If you discover an error after submitting the application package, and there is still time left open in the call to correct it, contact the ICCI team (email@example.com). They can return your submission. The returned application will not be considered as submitted. You will have to re-submit a complete application package before the close of the call. (The status of your application package must be “Submitted” in order to be assessed.)
- Date Modified: