Business Women's Trade Mission to Atlanta and Orlando
- The Business Women in International Trade (BWIT) Program at Global Affairs Canada is leading a dual city trade mission to:
- Through these two special events designed specifically for women-owned businesses, delegates will have exclusive access to connect to potential business opportunities with Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies in the United States. These events will feature high-calibre networking, business to business matchmaking, and inspiring speakers.
Interested in participating?
- Canadian women-owned businesses are invited to register their interest in participating in one or both components of this trade mission. To do so, please email BWIT. We will work with you to assess the best opportunities for your business.
- Please check this website for updates.
- Please follow this link to learn more about TCS services.
Women in Business: North America Summit - Atlanta, Georgia - June 15-17, 2016
Are you at a stage in your business that you want to grow and expand internationally? Are you already exporting, but interested in expanding your reach into a new market? If so, this is the event you should attend!
This Summit will bring together women-owned businesses from Canada, Mexico and the Southeast United States. It will open up opportunities for B2B technology partnerships and access to global value chains as well as for export expansion.
- What it will include:
- Networking opportunities, including a kick-off reception and dinner; prominent keynote speakers; educational and inspiring panel discussions for women-owned businesses on topics focused on Entrepreneurship, Finance and Business Strategy.
- B2B matchmaking meetings (for qualified companies): US organizations that want to meet Canadian businesses, include: UPS, Lowes Hardware, Delta, City of Atlanta, Dunn Aviation Group.
Does your business match their needs?
Sectors: Multi-sector including Information & Communications Technologies, Cleantech, Automotive, and Infrastructure
For more details, please see the technology wish list of these organizations. Delegates representing companies must fill out a profile upon registration. We are not able to guarantee B2B meetings given they are at the discretion of the US organizations listed above.
Please note: There is no registration fee or costs for the Women in Business: North America Summit or to receive services provided by BWIT and the Trade Commissioner Service. Delegates are responsible for covering the cost of their travel and accommodations. We have secured a discounted rate of 169USD/night for rooms at the Georgia Tech Hotel (Deadline for booking: May 23).
Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) National Conference and Business Fair - Orlando, Florida - June 20-23, 2016
- The Orlando portion of this trade mission is being organized by the Business Women in International Trade (BWIT) program in conjunction with the Consulate General of Canada in Miami, Florida. WBENC is the world’s largest conference targeted to women who want to access supplier diversity opportunities through U.S. Fortune 500 companies.
- This dynamic conference features robust programming, lectures and presentations from today’s thought leaders, engaging panel discussions, matchmaker sessions and networking receptions. In 2015, there were more than 3500 participating corporate, government and women-owned business representatives, and more than 300 exhibitors at the business fair alone, all ready to discuss opportunities. For more information, please visit: conf.wbenc.org.
Key Events and Dates in Orlando, Florida
- June 19, 2016, Mix and Mingle, 19:00 - 21:00 (Place to be determined)
- June 20, 2016, WEConnect International (WECI): WEConnect International Day, Buy Tickets
- June 21, 2016, WBE Canada, Breakfast with Brands
- June 21-23, 2016, Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) National Conference and Business Fair
- June 21, 2016 Government of Canada reception: 5:00-7:30 p.m.: Opportunity for Canadian business women delegates to network with companies, as well as with Trade Commissioners and other Canadian delegates.
Please note: There is no fee for receiving services from BWIT and the Trade Commissioner Service, including for the Canadian reception. Delegates are responsible for covering the cost of their travel, accommodations and registration to events.
Target sectors: Multi-sector
For more information and to register your interest, please email BWIT.
BWIT is a program of the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) that supports Canadian women entrepreneurs as they pursue opportunities abroad. For more information on BWIT, please visit: businesswomenintrade.gc.ca
- Date Modified: