Canadian ICT Business Mission to Yerevan in the Republic of Armenia, 29 September – 4 October 2017
Date: September 29-October 04, 2017
Venue: DigiTec Expo, Marriott Hotel Yerevan, site visits
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Target Audience: Canadian ICT companies interested in doing business in Armenia and the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU). Focus areas of the mission: Digital Economy and Enterprise Innovation, IT Security, Big Data and Education.
Sector: Information and Communications Technologies
The ICT mission has two components and companies can choose to participate in either or both:
- B2B and optional booth at DigiTec Expo (29 September – 1 October): At the DigiTec Expo, participants can conduct B2B meetings with both Armenian and international companies. In the last two years, multinational participants included Huawei, Ericsson, WMware as well as Oracle, IBM and Microsoft technology centres. Companies can also choose to join the Canada stand, and participate in presentations and forums.
- Canadian ICT Forum & Round Table (1 – 4 October): Following the Expo (2 October), the TCS will organize the Canadian ICT Forum with the objective to learn more about the challenges and opportunities of the Armenian ICT market directly from government and industry experts. The following day (3 October), the delegation will visit the Centre for Creative Technologies (TUMO), where a round-table will be hosted on the issues of ICT, education and skilled workforce. Upon conclusion of the official part of the mission, participants can join cultural programming or continue with B2B meetings (4 October).
Background: Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) is one of the fastest growing sectors in Armenia, and Armenia already has a Canadian ICT business presence. The Armenian government strongly supports the business community by welcoming international companies, developing special economic zones and creating a strong investment climate with customs and tax privileges. As a member of the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU), Armenia can be an entry point to a market of 180 million people with an annual GDP of USD 4 trillion. The mission is an excellent chance to learn more about these opportunities, and to forge linkages with local and global companies active in Armenia.
Why your organization should participate:
- Compare your product/service with international competitors
- Develop a first-hand understanding of the opportunities and challenges of doing business in foreign markets
- Gain insights and market intelligence
- Increase visibility of your product or service
- Meet academic or research entities
- Meet foreign education institutions and/or organizations
- Meet innovation collaborators or industrial R&D partners
- Meet key commercial entities, industry players, and potential buyers, investors and/or partners
- Meet key regulatory bodies
- Participate in networking events
- Pitch your product /service to selected audiences
- Receive on-the-ground assistance from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
Trade Commissioner(s) involvement:
Activities organized by the Trade Commissioner Service
- Networking event
- Product pitch to select audiences
- Site visits
The Trade Commissioner, Rebecca Braun, is specialized in the ICT sector for the Russian, Armenian and Uzbek markets and can provide information on this and other local events as well as advice on business development in the region. Services from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service are offered free of charge to Canadian companies and organizations.
To ensure the mission program fits your needs, to help structure preliminary meetings, plan the Canada booth and work with the hotel to keep a hold on preferred rate rooms, please send an indication of interest by 31 August 2017 to Rebecca Braun.
- Date Modified: